Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ready to Roll!



No time to blog tonight. Gotta get to sleep. I will just quickly say that today I had lunch with my dear friend, Nilda. She, Sherri, and my mom are the survivors closest to me for whom I walk this weekend. I also walk for Bridget Slotemaker, who passed away last August. Being with Nilda always fills my heart, but today was an especially nice visit. She is the kind of friend who believes in you so honestly and genuinely that you cannot help but believe in yourself. Thank you, Nilda, and thanks to all of you who have called, texted, emailed, and Facebooked me today to wish me luck. I said earlier that I am hoping to bottle all the love and use it on my blisters later this weekend.

Tonight I leave you with the results of my evening in the kitchen, making, packing, and labeling 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and the ingredients for 2 dinners. Due to my food allergies and gallbladder issues, I cannot eat the catered food and I have to premake my meals. P-I-T-A! My mom is taking the dinner ingredients and prepping them to bring to me at camp so that I can enjoy a fresh cooked dinner each night. THANK YOU, MOM!

Okay...I am off!
Talk to you from the road!





No comments:

Post a Comment