Thursday, March 26, 2009

From the mouths of babes

“The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.” -Jack Handey

Yesterday in the car with the kids, we were talking about an event we were supposed to attend at my son’s school tonight (a stomach bug has changed those plans). My mom usually comes over after work on Thursdays and we most often order a pizza for the kids. (Gluten-free, dairy-free pizza is disgusting and I can get the same effect for free by licking the sauce off the pizza box.) So I was explaining that we probably wouldn’t have pizza night this week and my son started to complain. I said, “You don’t have to have pizza every week. It’s really not all that healthy.” So my 3 yr old chimes in, “Yeah! It’s not healthy to have pizza every day. You don’t want to be a big fat person like Mommy used to be.” I nearly crashed the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment