Sunday, March 15, 2009

Family Walks

Training continues to go well. I manage 3-5 miles per day during the week and today I did 8! Woohoo! The best has been the recent "warm up". I don't know that it is really warm yet, but at least the snow if gone and the kids have been able to get outside.

There is a really great park nearby with paved paths (Cushing Memorial Park). Twice in the last week and a half I have taken the kids there for a family walk. There are two routes you can take. The first time we did a 1 mile walk and the 2nd time was almost 1.4 miles. You can map a route on a few different websites to find out distance. I use the U.S. Track and Field site.

We had a great time walking together and are hoping to include Daddy on the weekends. My son has told a few people that we are "getting healthy as a family." Awesome!!!

Thanks for reading. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment