Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy News #3

This marks the 3rd and final installment of my "Happy News" series. This is not because I want any more bad news but because my sarcastic nature and my delightfully witty cynicism isn't really well-suited to this unrelenting happiness. If I'm being honest, it's choking me a bit. :)

So the first bit of Happy News I can report is that ~

SCHOOOOOL'S! OUT! FOR! SUMMER!

I do love my job but I was extra ready this year for a break. I am serving as a summer inclusion facilitator for students with disabilities at 2 area day camps beginning July 6th, but this mini-vacation is doing me gooood. My husband is on vacation too next week so it will be super nice. As I have mentioned before, we never see each other since we work opposite hours. Once we get used to being under each others feet, it's always nice to just sit on the couch at the end of the day and argue about what to watch on tv like normal couples. I like network television with a little Burn Notice or Entourage thrown in. My husband is all about the cable reality dramas...Man vs. Wild, Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers, and a new favorite, Whale Wars. The Happy News is that we can usually come up with a compromise. We both enjoy the hot mess fest that is Intervention.

In other Happy News, the location of opening and closing ceremonies for the 3-day have been announced. Sherri kept saying that she wanted closing ceremonies to be at the same place as last year, and it is! UMass Boston! Sherri said walking along the water into UMass was so beautiful. I am pumped to experience this. What was even better Happy News was that the opening ceremonies are in FRAMINGHAM! They are literally down the road from me across the street from my favorite walking spot! I will post more information as it becomes available. I encourage you all to come hang out with my and Sherri's families at the cheering stations. It should be great fun!

My last bit of Happy News is that Sherri and I have raised over $8000! Thank you all so much. Keep those donations coming. Keep sending folks to this blog. Keep sending your support!

You are such a huge part of this journey.

THANKS. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment